Am I eligible to train?
The minimum entry requirements are:
- a degree at classification 2:2 or above
- a standard equivalent to a GCSE grade 4 in Maths (formerly grade C)
- a standard equivalent to a GCSE grade 4 in English (formerly grade C)
Numeracy and Literacy Proficiency
All applicants for our 2022/23 cohort will be required to undertake assessments in both numeracy and literacy as part of the selection process.
Safer Recruitment of Trainee Teachers
- Mid Essex ITT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- We implement safer recruitment procedures and all candidates will be required to have a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) criminal records check
- Mid Essex ITT will also carry out a check of the children's barred list and prohibition from teaching list
- Mid Essex ITT will also seek references from two professional individuals and ask each referee to state that he/she “knows of no reason why the applicant should not work with children or vulnerable adults"
- Following receipt of the UCAS application, candidates may be asked to complete a work history form, accounting for any gaps in employment or study
- Applicants who have lived or worked overseas may be asked to apply for a certificate of good conduct in addition to their DBS check
- Mid Essex ITT will also carry out additional safeguarding checks, as well as an occupational health check, to ensure your fitness to train