Am I eligible to train?
The minimum entry requirements are:
- a degree at classification 2:2 or above
- a standard equivalent to a GCSE grade 4 in Maths (formerly grade C)
- a standard equivalent to a GCSE grade 4 in English (formerly grade C)
Numeracy and Literacy Proficiency
All applicants for our 2022/23 cohort will be required to undertake assessments in both numeracy and literacy as part of the selection process.
Safer Recruitment of Trainee Teachers
- Mid Essex ITT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- We implement safer recruitment procedures and all candidates will be required to have a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) criminal records check
- Mid Essex ITT will also carry out a check of the children's barred list and prohibition from teaching list
- Mid Essex ITT will also seek references from two professional individuals and ask each referee to state that he/she “knows of no reason why the applicant should not work with children or vulnerable adults"
- Following receipt of the UCAS application, candidates may be asked to complete a work history form, accounting for any gaps in employment or study
- Applicants who have lived or worked overseas may be asked to apply for a certificate of good conduct in addition to their DBS check
- Mid Essex ITT will also carry out additional safeguarding checks, as well as an occupational health check, to ensure your fitness to train. Checks of applicants’ public social media accounts might be made prior to appointment.