Our aim is to appoint applicants who have the necessary talents, commitment and enthusiasm to become effective teachers at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5.
We share with trainees a common interest of wanting them to succeed in achieving QTS, completing the Professional Graduate Certificate of Education and meeting their goal of entering the teaching profession.
To help trainees realise this ambition they can expect of us advice and support at all times.
Specifically we will:-
- support trainees in all aspects of their professional work;
- offer constructive, honest and fair feedback on how trainees are performing and guidance on how trainees can best develop;
- seek regular feedback from trainees and their nominated representatives about the ITT course;
- ensure you have timetabled mentoring hours
- provide you with the opportunity to work in two schools and to teach across different key stages
- give you access to dedicated IT and reference facilities
- offer the opportunity for confidential discussion with a personal tutor, if desired
- abide by the agreed procedures for assessing competence, including the appeals and grievance procedures