Now you have heard from Keith but, if you are still undecided, here are some other reasons why you should choose Mid Essex for your teacher training:
- Mid Essex has a small, friendly team of staff who get to know all our trainee teachers well and are able to offer personalised support for them every Thursday.
- We have links with over 20 secondary schools around Essex.
- Excellent employment rates, significantly above the national average: virtually all our successful trainees are offered NQT teaching posts, many in the schools in which they trained. Our completion rates are above the national average too.
- All of our training is run by experienced, practising teachers.
- Weekly training in the fantastic Braintree Arts Theatre.
- Additional, weekly subject specific training at your subject mentor's school.
- Continual assessment process.
- Support of a mentor, professional mentor and subject mentor, plus our three Course Tutors and Programme Manager.
- We have over 20 years of experience and over 500 teachers have trained with us.
- Mid Essex ITT is fully committed to fairness and equality. We strive to recruit from all backgrounds and value the diversity brings to the profession. We have full disabled access at our training venue and a number of our schools. We welcome any requests from applicants concerning anything we can do to support you as you apply to join the course.
- Mid Essex ITT is committed to safer recruitment. All applicants will be subject to to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) criminal records check, including a check of the children's barred list and Employer Access Online.